The Week in Review: A JEC hearing on manfuacturing, Obama in Pittsburgh, and more on China's cheating.
TIME Magazine’s MoneyLand featured a guest column by Scott Paul about the dangers of keeping quite about China's cheating. The columb contested the view of Zachary Karabell whose article called for Americans to “shut up” on undervalued Chinese currency.
President Obama spoke at Carnegie Mellon University about the Advanced Manufacturing Partnership. The public-private endeavor promises $500 million to help grow the economy, boost manufacturing, and create jobs. We applaud the President for his dedication towards manufacturing but warned that we cannot stop there--the Partnership is only a start.
Alan Greenspan admitted that “what [the Chinese] are doing is the definition of currency manipulation.”
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- June 18, 2013 Headlines: Free trade in DC, defending surveillance tactics, and more. • by LRaup • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013