WeatherTech is serious about its American-made commitments
WeatherTech, a Chicago manufacturer of auto accessories, doesn’t mess around when it comes to its commitment to American manufacturing. And it pulled out the stops to say so in a Super Bowl advertising spot:
We've mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating: That commercial is legit. Oh yes. If we had a stamp lying around, we’d stamp the Alliance for American Manufacturing Seal of Approval all over this one.
Because seriously, WeatherTech does more than talk the talk. David MacNeil, the company’s founder, has directed his business to buy American-made whenever possible. According to a recent USA Today article:
• When he was building a new factory, he stipulated that the builders only use American-made construction equipment.
• While inspecting a factory under construction about four years ago, he spied foreign-made parts in some of the piping. "I blew a gasket," he recalls, and required American-made parts to be substituted.
• Some hand-operated forklifts turned out to be imports. "I made them send me the American-made ones, even though they cost more," he says.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014