WATCH Tomorrow: America’s small manufacturers: leaders in innovation and job creation
“ReMaking America” authors will discuss how small and mid-sized domestic manufacturers are accelerating innovation, creating sustainable jobs, and securing our nation’s role in the global economy
Tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. EST, authors of ReMaking America, the just-released volume from the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), will host a live Google Hangout highlighting the immense contribution that small and mid-sized manufacturers are making to American innovation – and the challenges ahead.
The discussion will be hosted by AAM Vice President for State Government Affairs Brian Lombardozzi. He will be joined by Stacey Jarrett Wagner, Manager of Workforce Systems Development at the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership; and Sridhar Kota, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan and former Assistant Director for Advanced Manufacturing at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
They’ll discuss their prescriptions for a thriving U.S. manufacturing sector and take your comments and questions.
We hope you’ll join us!
Here are the details:
When: Thursday, November 14, 2:00 pm. EST
Where: AAM Google+ Homepage
How: Sign up now to participate and we’ll send you a reminder when the hangout begins! From that page, you’ll be able to watch the discussion and submit questions in real time.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014