WATCH Tomorrow: America’s small manufacturers: leaders in innovation and job creation
“ReMaking America” authors will discuss how small and mid-sized domestic manufacturers are accelerating innovation, creating sustainable jobs, and securing our nation’s role in the global economy
Tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. EST, authors of ReMaking America, the just-released volume from the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), will host a live Google Hangout highlighting the immense contribution that small and mid-sized manufacturers are making to American innovation – and the challenges ahead.
The discussion will be hosted by AAM Vice President for State Government Affairs Brian Lombardozzi. He will be joined by Stacey Jarrett Wagner, Manager of Workforce Systems Development at the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership; and Sridhar Kota, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan and former Assistant Director for Advanced Manufacturing at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
They’ll discuss their prescriptions for a thriving U.S. manufacturing sector and take your comments and questions.
We hope you’ll join us!
Here are the details:
When: Thursday, November 14, 2:00 pm. EST
Where: AAM Google+ Homepage
How: Sign up now to participate and we’ll send you a reminder when the hangout begins! From that page, you’ll be able to watch the discussion and submit questions in real time.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014