WATCH: A Plan to Rebuild Manufacturing
Last night, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul appeared on The Ed Show on MSNBC ahead of the State of the Union to to discuss a plan to rebuild manufacturing.
We lack the ecosystem for manufacturing; that trade policy that says if you want to sell here you have to make some of it here in the United States; that tax policy that says if you can invest in America, we're gonna give you a tax break. If you send your jobs overseas, we're going to hit back at you. I think those are important elements that too many forget. I hope the president will talk about (trade) tonight a little bit. It seems that the trade agenda has been tilted towards opening markets, but not nearly enough attention is focused on trade enforcement.
So! Come speech time, what did President Obama have to say about America's approach to trade?
We need to work together on tools like bipartisan trade promotion authority to protect our workers, protect our environment, and open new markets to new goods stamped "Made in the USA.'
You can color us unimpressed:
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014