WATCH: A Plan to Rebuild Manufacturing
Last night, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul appeared on The Ed Show on MSNBC ahead of the State of the Union to to discuss a plan to rebuild manufacturing.
We lack the ecosystem for manufacturing; that trade policy that says if you want to sell here you have to make some of it here in the United States; that tax policy that says if you can invest in America, we're gonna give you a tax break. If you send your jobs overseas, we're going to hit back at you. I think those are important elements that too many forget. I hope the president will talk about (trade) tonight a little bit. It seems that the trade agenda has been tilted towards opening markets, but not nearly enough attention is focused on trade enforcement.
So! Come speech time, what did President Obama have to say about America's approach to trade?
We need to work together on tools like bipartisan trade promotion authority to protect our workers, protect our environment, and open new markets to new goods stamped "Made in the USA.'
You can color us unimpressed:
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014