WATCH: A Plan to Rebuild Manufacturing
Last night, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul appeared on The Ed Show on MSNBC ahead of the State of the Union to to discuss a plan to rebuild manufacturing.
We lack the ecosystem for manufacturing; that trade policy that says if you want to sell here you have to make some of it here in the United States; that tax policy that says if you can invest in America, we're gonna give you a tax break. If you send your jobs overseas, we're going to hit back at you. I think those are important elements that too many forget. I hope the president will talk about (trade) tonight a little bit. It seems that the trade agenda has been tilted towards opening markets, but not nearly enough attention is focused on trade enforcement.
So! Come speech time, what did President Obama have to say about America's approach to trade?
We need to work together on tools like bipartisan trade promotion authority to protect our workers, protect our environment, and open new markets to new goods stamped "Made in the USA.'
You can color us unimpressed:
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014