WATCH: Apple finally begins assembling in the USA
On Tuesday, Apple held a press conference to debut new products in their line of computers and tablets. And debut they did: A new operating system, a lighter-than-ever iPad, and a new Mac Pro computer.
The U.S. company has never failed to impress when it comes to design. But we’re all too familiar with the phrase on the back of Apple products: Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.
But this Mac Pro changes that. Apple previously announced that it would make its new computer in the U.S., reportedly in Texas. The tech giant has made good on its promise and the video below proves it.
Here at Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), we’re cautiously optimistic about Apple’s move to assemble in the U.S. We hope to see more of their products assembled domestically.
But for now, at least one Apple product will be etched with: Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in USA.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013