WATCH: Apple finally begins assembling in the USA
On Tuesday, Apple held a press conference to debut new products in their line of computers and tablets. And debut they did: A new operating system, a lighter-than-ever iPad, and a new Mac Pro computer.
The U.S. company has never failed to impress when it comes to design. But we’re all too familiar with the phrase on the back of Apple products: Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.
But this Mac Pro changes that. Apple previously announced that it would make its new computer in the U.S., reportedly in Texas. The tech giant has made good on its promise and the video below proves it.
Here at Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), we’re cautiously optimistic about Apple’s move to assemble in the U.S. We hope to see more of their products assembled domestically.
But for now, at least one Apple product will be etched with: Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in USA.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014