Want to learn more about how China’s illegal trade practices are harming the U.S. auto parts industry?
Today, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) released three independent reports that show the U.S. auto supply chain struggling against China’s illegal trade practices. According to the reports, more than 400,000 jobs in the U.S. auto supply chain have been lost since 2000.
These reports were the topic of a press conference on Capitol Hill this morning, during which AAM Executive Director Scott Paul was joined by Senators Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Bob Casey (D-PA), Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), and Rep. Sandy Levin (D-MI), along with Leo W. Gerard, President, United Steel Workers (USW), and others. The release of the reports was also covered by the New York Times, and numerous other news outlets.
Want to learn more about how China is chipping away at the U.S. auto supply chain? Check out AAM’s new microsite to read the full reports, download fact sheets, and more.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013