Wait, wait, Andrea Mitchell-- Rebuilding U.S. manufacturing won't cost money, but it will create jobs
In an MSNBC interview this afternoon, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) explained why he was unhappy with the debt ceiling bill passed by Congress. As he tells MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, the bill will do nothing to create jobs, or to address the troublingly high unemployment he sees in his district every day.
After Rep. Cummings makes the case for jobs, Mitchell says of a potential jobs plan, "I don't know how that happens." Her observation is, "Where are you going to find the money for any kind of jobs program?"
Unfortunately, Mitchell overlooks one key point: Rebuilding U.S. manufacturing won’t cost anything.
Bottom line: manufacturing creates jobs. Adopting key elements of a manufacturing plan on trade, taxes, and innovation won't cost money, but it will put the U.S. job engine in motion.
Related recent Blogs
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013