Wait, wait, Andrea Mitchell-- Rebuilding U.S. manufacturing won't cost money, but it will create jobs
In an MSNBC interview this afternoon, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) explained why he was unhappy with the debt ceiling bill passed by Congress. As he tells MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, the bill will do nothing to create jobs, or to address the troublingly high unemployment he sees in his district every day.
After Rep. Cummings makes the case for jobs, Mitchell says of a potential jobs plan, "I don't know how that happens." Her observation is, "Where are you going to find the money for any kind of jobs program?"
Unfortunately, Mitchell overlooks one key point: Rebuilding U.S. manufacturing won’t cost anything.
Bottom line: manufacturing creates jobs. Adopting key elements of a manufacturing plan on trade, taxes, and innovation won't cost money, but it will put the U.S. job engine in motion.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014