Wait, wait, Andrea Mitchell-- Rebuilding U.S. manufacturing won't cost money, but it will create jobs
In an MSNBC interview this afternoon, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) explained why he was unhappy with the debt ceiling bill passed by Congress. As he tells MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, the bill will do nothing to create jobs, or to address the troublingly high unemployment he sees in his district every day.
After Rep. Cummings makes the case for jobs, Mitchell says of a potential jobs plan, "I don't know how that happens." Her observation is, "Where are you going to find the money for any kind of jobs program?"
Unfortunately, Mitchell overlooks one key point: Rebuilding U.S. manufacturing won’t cost anything.
Bottom line: manufacturing creates jobs. Adopting key elements of a manufacturing plan on trade, taxes, and innovation won't cost money, but it will put the U.S. job engine in motion.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013