Voices from #SOSJobs: David Clark
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has joined workers across the country over the past several weeks to rally to Save Our Steel Jobs.
The reason: A surge of oil country tubular goods (OCTG) imports from several countries, including South Korea, are being dumped on the U.S. market. Backed by foreign subsides, these products are priced below fair value. The U.S. Department of Commerce is set to issue a ruling on the issue by July 10 that could impact thousands upon thousands of U.S. steel jobs.
The personal stories we heard from the workers truly highlight the importance of this case. That’s why leading up to the Commerce Department’s decision, we’re featuring the stories of some of the workers we met at the rallies.
David Clark, president of United Steelworkers Local 1013, shares how the good paying manufacturing jobs at the Fairfield Works and Fairfield Tubular Operations plant are among the few left in the Alabama community — and how devastating it would be to lose those jobs.
There’s still time to help David and folks living in steel communities nationwide. Click here to tell your elected officials that you are counting on them to stick up for workers like David.
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014