The view from the states, as seen by AAM's field coordinators
Regular readers of ManufactureThis probably know how hard-working the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) field coordinators are. They constantly check-in with us from events they attend and share stories of the hard work of American citizens who support American manufacturing and Made in the USA.
Today, we have two more such stories.
The first is from Meghan McKeefry who works in the Michigan/Wisconsin area. In late August, McKeefry, along with fellow coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury, taught three workshops for the United Way Community Services in Lansing, Michigan. The hour long classes covered material about U.S. manufacturing, currency manipulation, international trade and infrastructure investment. McKeefry and Bennett Steury were lucky to have an active group of participants who asked questions about legislation and consumer power. McKeefry and Bennett Steury received very high marks (97 percent) in the evaluations that followed the workshop.They would like to thank Bob Cramer for his work with the United Way.
Meanwhile, in Illinois, AAM field coordinator Mike Mitchell attended the annual Family Day picnic hosted the the United Steelworkers and U.S. Steel in Granite City. Over 5,000 Steelworkers braved a hot day for games,trivia questions, and raffles prizes. There were also exhibit booths for safety and health, environmental information, and health screenings. AAM was on hand to provide information on ways to strengthen America’s manufacturing industry.
Nice job, guys! And keep up the good work.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013