The view from the states, as seen by AAM's field coordinators
Regular readers of ManufactureThis probably know how hard-working the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) field coordinators are. They constantly check-in with us from events they attend and share stories of the hard work of American citizens who support American manufacturing and Made in the USA.
Today, we have two more such stories.
The first is from Meghan McKeefry who works in the Michigan/Wisconsin area. In late August, McKeefry, along with fellow coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury, taught three workshops for the United Way Community Services in Lansing, Michigan. The hour long classes covered material about U.S. manufacturing, currency manipulation, international trade and infrastructure investment. McKeefry and Bennett Steury were lucky to have an active group of participants who asked questions about legislation and consumer power. McKeefry and Bennett Steury received very high marks (97 percent) in the evaluations that followed the workshop.They would like to thank Bob Cramer for his work with the United Way.
Meanwhile, in Illinois, AAM field coordinator Mike Mitchell attended the annual Family Day picnic hosted the the United Steelworkers and U.S. Steel in Granite City. Over 5,000 Steelworkers braved a hot day for games,trivia questions, and raffles prizes. There were also exhibit booths for safety and health, environmental information, and health screenings. AAM was on hand to provide information on ways to strengthen America’s manufacturing industry.
Nice job, guys! And keep up the good work.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014