VIDEO: United Steelworkers (USW) International President Leo Gerard at the "Stop Outsourcing the Dream" panel
United Steelworkers (USW) International President Leo Gerard spoke recently at the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) "Stop Outsourcing the Dream" panel at the CAF Conference in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Gerard told conference attendees that creating real wealth in the U.S. requires a return to "making things" in this country, with American manufacturing being essential to economic growth and future innovation.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014