VIDEO: In 2008, President Obama wanted to hold China accountable on currency
On April 14, 2008, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) held a Presidential Candidates' Forum. At that event, then-Senator Barack Obama talked about U.S.-China trade, including his views on China's currency manipulation.
He offered some strong words on that day-- essentially talking tough and promising to hold China accountable. That hasn't been the case to date, though...
Watch the full video, below.
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013