Victims of Toxic Chinese Drywall
Thousands of American families who were forced from their homes as a result of toxic Chinese drywall are urging President Obama to press the issue with Chinese President Hu Jintao.
A group representing families impacted by toxic Chinese drywall in 42 states issued a statement today:
“Through no fault of our own, we are the victims of a heartless business plan to turn a profit at any cost. In turn, countless families have been forced out of their homes and are now left with extreme financial hardship and, in some cases, serious medical conditions.
“We are simply out of options. The Consumer Product Safety Commission continues to study the issue with no end in sight."
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: President Obama speaking to newly elected mayors • by LDonia • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013