U.S. Wins WTO Case on Electrical Steel: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement
Today, the World Trade Organization (WTO) Appellate Body found in favor of the United States in a dispute challenging China’s imposition of duties on U.S exports of grain oriented flat-rolled electrical steel (GOES).
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"The World Trade Organization has once again upheld a major Administration trade enforcement action against China. This ruling ensures that American workers and businesses that make certain types of steel won’t face Chinese retaliatory tariffs. I’m certain that the WTO will also rule against China for its attempted retaliation against American auto and poultry producers, as well. The lesson is clear: asserting our rights to trade enforcement is effective, and the US will win these cases. We need to continue to stand up for American workers and businesses and challenge the unfair trade practices of China and other nations."
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013