U.S. Wins WTO Case on Electrical Steel: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement
Today, the World Trade Organization (WTO) Appellate Body found in favor of the United States in a dispute challenging China’s imposition of duties on U.S exports of grain oriented flat-rolled electrical steel (GOES).
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"The World Trade Organization has once again upheld a major Administration trade enforcement action against China. This ruling ensures that American workers and businesses that make certain types of steel won’t face Chinese retaliatory tariffs. I’m certain that the WTO will also rule against China for its attempted retaliation against American auto and poultry producers, as well. The lesson is clear: asserting our rights to trade enforcement is effective, and the US will win these cases. We need to continue to stand up for American workers and businesses and challenge the unfair trade practices of China and other nations."
Related recent Blogs
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013