U.S. trade deficit with China continues on record pace: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
This morning, the U.S. Department of Commerce released the latest monthly U.S. trade figures.
In November, the overall U.S. international goods and services trade deficit fell to $34.3 billion, from $39.3 billion in October, revised.
- The monthly U.S. goods deficit with China was $26.9 billion in November, down from $28.9 billion in October.
- The U.S. goods deficit with Japan was $5.8 billion in November, down from $6.4 billion in October.
- America's 2013 year-to-date trade deficit with China of $293.9 billion is running ahead of 2012's year-to-date balance of $290.6 billion.
Said Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul:
"Our trade deficit with China continues on a record pace for 2013 and remains a tremendous drag on economic growth while stifling future job opportunities. Two efforts could go a long way toward lowering the manufacturing trade deficit: Passing bipartisan currency reform legislation in Congress, and ensuring that the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) clearly bans trade-distorting currency manipulation.
"A strong manufacturing base in America depends on balanced trade, which is why we need the Administration and Congress to more aggressively push back against unfair trade practices overseas."
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014