U.S. Secretary of Transportation Blogs About High-Speed Rail Initiative
When it comes to infrastructure investment, many policymakers, economists and labor and business leaders have brought up the topic of high-speed rail. And the U.S. Secretary of Transportation, Ray LaHood, has brought up the same issue on his blog, Fast Lane.
Most recently, he blogged about his travels to Philadelphia with Vice President Joe Biden to announce a plan for America's high-speed rail network of which Biden said, "We know that public infrastructure investment increases private-sector productivity, promotes growth, and creates jobs."
In his post, LaHood calls transportation the "lifeblood of today's global economy." He also writes:
High-speed rail can alleviate congestion both in the air and on our roads. It can do that with more energy efficiency than other forms of transportation. High-speed rail will involve upgrades to our freight rail system that will be needed to serve a swelling population. And it will support an industry that will add jobs for our workers.
In fact, more than 30 foreign and domestic rail manufacturers and suppliers have committed to locating or expanding their base of operations in the United States if they get the chance to work on our high speed rail program. Some are already locating here.
Cheers to an economy-boosting, job-creating initiative that will help green our environment and boost efficiency.
Click here to read more and see a great map of where domestic high-speed rail manfacturing capability exists or will exist in America.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013