U.S. Secretary of Transportation Blogs About High-Speed Rail Initiative
When it comes to infrastructure investment, many policymakers, economists and labor and business leaders have brought up the topic of high-speed rail. And the U.S. Secretary of Transportation, Ray LaHood, has brought up the same issue on his blog, Fast Lane.
Most recently, he blogged about his travels to Philadelphia with Vice President Joe Biden to announce a plan for America's high-speed rail network of which Biden said, "We know that public infrastructure investment increases private-sector productivity, promotes growth, and creates jobs."
In his post, LaHood calls transportation the "lifeblood of today's global economy." He also writes:
High-speed rail can alleviate congestion both in the air and on our roads. It can do that with more energy efficiency than other forms of transportation. High-speed rail will involve upgrades to our freight rail system that will be needed to serve a swelling population. And it will support an industry that will add jobs for our workers.
In fact, more than 30 foreign and domestic rail manufacturers and suppliers have committed to locating or expanding their base of operations in the United States if they get the chance to work on our high speed rail program. Some are already locating here.
Cheers to an economy-boosting, job-creating initiative that will help green our environment and boost efficiency.
Click here to read more and see a great map of where domestic high-speed rail manfacturing capability exists or will exist in America.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013