U.S. Manufacturing Sector Gains 2,000 Jobs in September: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 2,000 Jobs in September 2013.
#AAMeter Remains Unchanged at +12,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector gained 2,000 jobs in September 2013. However, for all of 2013, the U.S. has gained only 12,000 manufacturing jobs.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“In manufacturing, we’ve been treading water for nearly 18 months now. Yet no one in Washington seems to care.
"The September jobs report shows that private sector job growth, and manufacturing in particular, is too weak to put the U.S. on a sound fiscal footing or to get the middle class back on track.
"It’s time for Congress to stop manufacturing crises and deal with our real manufacturing crisis. Washington needs to put into place policies that will get America back to work. The neglect is glaring: 70,000 structurally deficient bridges. Math and science achievement down compared to other industrialized nations. And our economic competitors are not standing still.
"This is no way to run a country or to support the private sector's efforts to create jobs. And here’s the kicker: the October numbers could be even worse."
During the recent government shutdown, AAM released it's own Jobs Report, a compilation of firsthand accounts from Americans who are struggling to find work. Paul also published an op-ed in The Hill advising President Obama that "there’s plenty he could do on his own to encourage manufacturing’s return."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014