U.S. Manufacturing Sector Gains 19,000 Jobs in October: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Adds 19,000 Jobs in October 2013.
#AAMeter Jumps to +35,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector gained 19,000 jobs in October 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 35,000 manufacturing jobs.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“Now we have a jobs report that we can cheer about, despite all the chaos in Washington last month. Manufacturing jobs grew at a healthy clip, and it's about time. Prior to these numbers, only 12,000 manufacturing jobs had been added all year. But there is no guarantee this momentum will continue. Congress, the President, and governors must step up and support smart public policies to spur private sector job growth. Our plan includes a number of bipartisan proposals to do just that."
During the recent government shutdown, AAM released its own Jobs Report, a compilation of firsthand accounts from Americans who are struggling to find work. Paul also published an op-ed in The Hill advising President Obama that "there’s plenty he could do on his own to encourage manufacturing’s return."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014