U.S. manufacturing loses 7,000 jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Loses 7,000 Jobs in November.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs numbers were issued this morning. The U.S. manufacturing sector lost 7,000 jobs in November. On net, manufacturing employment has shown little change since May.
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"Companies like Apple are demonstrating that some reshoring is possible. But as the latest jobs report shows, we have a long way to go. I’m troubled by the stall we’ve seen in manufacturing job growth. Manufacturing unemployment has been essentially unchanged since May.
"President Obama has laid out a goal of creating one million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. That won’t be easy to do if we are merely treading water.
"Manufacturing played a huge role in the election, with unprecedented spending on TV ads on outsourcing and jobs. It's time for both parties to channel their positive energy towards a manufacturing policy agenda, starting with passage of legislation to address China's undervalued currency. We can’t wait any longer."
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014