U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November 2013.
#AAMeter Now Stands at +63,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector added 27,000 jobs in November 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 63,000 manufacturing jobs. This is the first time since April 2009 that manufacturing employment has been above 12 million.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“We finally have something to cheer about in manufacturing: 27,000 jobs added in November. It's only one month and progress is not guaranteed, but smart public policies can boost this momentum.
"Investing in infrastructure and innovation, training a new generation of skilled workers, cutting our massive trade deficit, and improving prospects for the long-term unemployed should all move to the top of the agenda in Washington. We can strengthen the middle class and our overall economy if we invest wisely in pro-manufacturing and pro-worker policies."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014