U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November 2013.
#AAMeter Now Stands at +63,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector added 27,000 jobs in November 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 63,000 manufacturing jobs. This is the first time since April 2009 that manufacturing employment has been above 12 million.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“We finally have something to cheer about in manufacturing: 27,000 jobs added in November. It's only one month and progress is not guaranteed, but smart public policies can boost this momentum.
"Investing in infrastructure and innovation, training a new generation of skilled workers, cutting our massive trade deficit, and improving prospects for the long-term unemployed should all move to the top of the agenda in Washington. We can strengthen the middle class and our overall economy if we invest wisely in pro-manufacturing and pro-worker policies."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014