U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November 2013.
#AAMeter Now Stands at +63,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector added 27,000 jobs in November 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 63,000 manufacturing jobs. This is the first time since April 2009 that manufacturing employment has been above 12 million.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“We finally have something to cheer about in manufacturing: 27,000 jobs added in November. It's only one month and progress is not guaranteed, but smart public policies can boost this momentum.
"Investing in infrastructure and innovation, training a new generation of skilled workers, cutting our massive trade deficit, and improving prospects for the long-term unemployed should all move to the top of the agenda in Washington. We can strengthen the middle class and our overall economy if we invest wisely in pro-manufacturing and pro-worker policies."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014