U.S. manufacturing gains 25,000 jobs in December.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 25,000 Jobs in December.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs numbers were issued this morning. The U.S. manufacturing sector added 25,000 jobs in December.
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"So much for all that uncertainty over the ‘fiscal cliff.’ Manufacturers added 25,000 jobs in December. If that’s the pace of manufacturing job growth in President Obama’s second term, we’ll be on track to add 1.2 million manufacturing jobs—easily surpassing his goal of one million new manufacturing jobs. But December was an outlier during the last three quarters of 2012, when manufacturing employment was essentially stagnant.
"The new Congress would be wise to take up a jobs agenda. Investment in infrastructure, innovation, and skills. Cracking down on China’s unfair trade practices. Tax reform to reward companies that move jobs back to America or grow new ones here. It’s an agenda the American people support, and it’s one that will get our economy back on track."
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013