U.S. manufacturing gains 25,000 jobs in December.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 25,000 Jobs in December.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs numbers were issued this morning. The U.S. manufacturing sector added 25,000 jobs in December.
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"So much for all that uncertainty over the ‘fiscal cliff.’ Manufacturers added 25,000 jobs in December. If that’s the pace of manufacturing job growth in President Obama’s second term, we’ll be on track to add 1.2 million manufacturing jobs—easily surpassing his goal of one million new manufacturing jobs. But December was an outlier during the last three quarters of 2012, when manufacturing employment was essentially stagnant.
"The new Congress would be wise to take up a jobs agenda. Investment in infrastructure, innovation, and skills. Cracking down on China’s unfair trade practices. Tax reform to reward companies that move jobs back to America or grow new ones here. It’s an agenda the American people support, and it’s one that will get our economy back on track."
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014