U.S. manufacturing gains 13,000 jobs in October: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 13,000 Jobs in October.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs numbers were issued this morning:
- Overall, the unemployment rate was essentially unchanged at 7.9 percent in October. Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 171,000.
- Manufacturing employment increased by 13,000 jobs in October. On net, manufacturing employment has shown little change since April.
Said Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), of the latest jobs report:
"Manufacturing jobs are essentially unchanged since April. For a sector that has received so much attention on the campaign trail, that’s simply not good enough. The strength of our manufacturing sector is important to the health of our economy.
"President Obama has a goal of creating one million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. He’ll have to do better than this to meet that goal.
"And, Mitt Romney will have to do better than misleading voters on the auto rescue.
"Blue-collar workers must be more than political props. We look forward to holding whichever candidate is victorious on Tuesday accountable for their commitments to grow factory jobs in America."
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013