U.S. business jet company in sales talks with Chinese aerospace firm
U.S. business jet maker Hawker Beechcraft filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May, when it couldn’t support a $2.5 billion jet load. Now, according to Alison Leung and Fang Yan, reporting for Reuters, Hawker Beechcraft is in exclusive sales talks with a Chinese aerospace firm, Superior Aviation Beijing. The writers spoke with Superior's spokesman:
‘There could be lot of opportunities for us if the government opens up the private jet sector,’ said Superior's spokesman, Qian Chunyuan, adding the deal would be funded with bank loans and the company's own money.
If the deal does get through, the priority for Superior is to keep Beechcraft afloat rather than moving its plants to China, he said. The Chinese maker of plane engines and parts has offered to fund Hawker Beechcraft's jet operations over the next six weeks.”
Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013