Update: 'Women of Steel' Conference
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury reports from Pittsburgh...
We are at the 2013 United Steelworkers Women of Steel Conference in Pittsburgh this week and have been networking with women from near and far. In order to reinforce how important and necessary it was for us all to support manufacturing in the US, we shared with the women some of our ideas on purchasing American made products. With the help of Labor 411, AAM field staff collected a few everyday products to share with one lucky person chosen from the hundreds that came by to say hello. Congratulations to our Woman of Steel sister Joanie from Wisconsin for winning the tote full of goodies.
Pictured: Joanie with AAM Field Staff Deb Ackerman, Meghan McKeefry and Rachel Bennett Steury.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013