Two specialized-van manufacturers meet Buy America standards
It’s always good to see tax dollars benefiting taxpayers. This month two accessible transit minivan manufacturers, Braun and ElDorado National, became the first such companies to meet the Federal Transit Administration’s Buy America standards.
The approval allows for these manufacturers to conduct the final assembly of transit minivans for use by public transit agencies.
As Wichita Public radio points out, “The companies employ hundreds of workers to convert the vans, and then suppliers around the country provide door panels, ramps and other custom parts.”
The way we see it, Buy American laws are a win for all parties involved.
Read more about Buy America laws.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013