Treasury delays currency report: Statement from Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM)
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement on Treasury Department decision to delay publication of the semi-annual Report to Congress on International Economic and Exchange Rate Policies:
Said Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul:
"Unfortunately, you can’t delay the truth. And the truth is this, China manipulates its currency, which costs America good-paying jobs.
"I don’t know what’s worse, China’s continued currency manipulation, or the Administration’s apparent unwillingness to confront it.
"Every day means more American jobs sent overseas. That's not a record I would be proud of. I’m fed up.
"Speaker Boehner should allow a vote on the House currency bill. Otherwise, he is denying the will of an overwhelming number of his own republican members."
Related recent Blogs
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013