Treasury delays currency report: Statement from Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM)
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement on Treasury Department decision to delay publication of the semi-annual Report to Congress on International Economic and Exchange Rate Policies:
Said Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul:
"Unfortunately, you can’t delay the truth. And the truth is this, China manipulates its currency, which costs America good-paying jobs.
"I don’t know what’s worse, China’s continued currency manipulation, or the Administration’s apparent unwillingness to confront it.
"Every day means more American jobs sent overseas. That's not a record I would be proud of. I’m fed up.
"Speaker Boehner should allow a vote on the House currency bill. Otherwise, he is denying the will of an overwhelming number of his own republican members."
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013