TOMORROW: Scott Paul to Testify at Joint Economic Committee Hearing on Need for a National Manufacturing Strategy
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul will be testifying at tomorrow morning's Joint Economic Committee (JEC) hearing on “Manufacturing in the USA: Why We Need a National Manufacturing Strategy?” He will discuss the importance of adopting a national manufacturing strategy:
“We need a robust manufacturing strategy because the fate of the industrial sector of our economy is too important to be left to a gaggle of competing and ultimately unsatisfying theories of why it is declining in real employment terms, as a share of world output and exports, and as a percentage of our GDP”
“A national manufacturing strategy would give a significant boost to getting the government back on the side of America’s manufacturing workers and those companies seeking to expand domestic production in the United States.”
Can't attend in person? We'll be live tweeting from the hill, so follow AAM on Twitter for real time hearing updates.
You can also watch a live stream of the hearing here.
WHEN: 10:15 am EST, Wednesday, June 22, 2011
WHERE: 216 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. - The U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee (JEC), chaired by Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) will hold a hearing titled, “Manufacturing in the USA: Why We Need a National Manufacturing Strategy?,” on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 10:15 am. The hearing will explore recent progress in the manufacturing sector and examine strategies and policies that will further bolster U.S. manufacturing growth in the future. Recent growth in manufacturing has played a key role in the economic recovery. Economic activity in the manufacturing sector has increased for 22 consecutive months and manufacturing employment has rebounded from its low, adding almost 250,000 jobs since December 2009.
WHAT: Hearing on “Manufacturing in the USA: Why We Need a National
WHO: Panel I
The Honorable Debbie Stabenow, (D-MI)
Additional witness may be announced.
Dr. Mark Zandi, Chief Economist, Moody’s Analytics
Mr. Alex Brill, Research Fellow, American Enterprise
Institute for Public Policy Research
Mr. Jay Timmons, President and Chief Executive Officer,
National Association of Manufacturers
Mr. Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American
Chairman Bob Casey presiding
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013