Today at FABTECH Expo
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is at FABTECH Expo this week in the very Windy City. What better place to spread the made in America message than with a group of 35,000+ makers?
ICYMI: Yesterday ReMaking America authors Scott Paul and Richard McCormack stopped by AAM's booth (N249) to talk to FABTECH Expo attendees about the future of American manufacturing. The authors answered questions on how Washington dysfunction could affect American manufacturing and the President’s export initiative (along with our rising imports). Afterwards Scott Paul and Richard McCormack stuck around to sign books and talk individually with American manufacturers and workers.
Today: We’re continuing to spread the made in America message at FABTECH.
We spoke with Will, a wood tool manufacturer in Wisconsin, who has seen an expansion in his business over the last five years. He said there is growing demand in the market for his wood tools. He’s even taken a share of the market from importers. That’s a manufacturing story we like to hear!
We also met a few U.S. manufacturers exhibiting at FABTECH Expo.
Lincoln Electric is a U.S. owned global manufacturer. Though all their products are not made in the U.S., most of the products they sell in the U.S. are made domestically. We caught a welder in action using American made regulators.
Preston-Eastin designs and manufactures a complete line of manual, electric and robotic welding positioners and manipulators in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. makes pipe beveling machines in Beaumont, Texas.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014