'tis the season for Made in America tights
As soon as the mercury dips below 60 degrees, we know that gone are the days of bare legs or thin nylon covers.
60 and below = tights weather. So let us guide you as you gear up to channel your inner Zooey Deschanel.
As always, we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) can be trusted to find you an American-made option for almost anything you want to buy. Tights are no different. You’ve got some options!
At the super-affordable end resides perennial drug store favorite, No nonsense. In fact, the company's website boasts “90% of No nonsense’s products are made here in the USA.” While 90% is great, the discerning Made in the USA shopper recognizes the subtext, which is “Read the labels carefully!” Lest you beat the odds and grab a product that happens to be among the 10 percent.
Nominally more expensive are tights by Berkshire Hosiery. Berkshire makes and packages its tights in North Carolina and recently introduced a children-sized line. While you cannot purchase Berkshire’s tights directly through the company’s website, they are available at Macy’s, and the Berkshire site directly links to its tights on a number of other stores’ websites.
Finally -- and again, only slightly more expensive than the last -- is this blogger’s personal favorite: Hue. Hue’s tights come in a large variety of styles, colors, and sizes (including children's). I clicked through many of them and only found one style that said “imported,” so again, read carefully. You can buy Hue tights directly through its website, or use the store finder tool to buy them in-person.
Happy tights-shopping, and may your legs stay warm throughout the fall and witner!
Photo from Hue's website.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013