'tis the season for Made in America tights
As soon as the mercury dips below 60 degrees, we know that gone are the days of bare legs or thin nylon covers.
60 and below = tights weather. So let us guide you as you gear up to channel your inner Zooey Deschanel.
As always, we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) can be trusted to find you an American-made option for almost anything you want to buy. Tights are no different. You’ve got some options!
At the super-affordable end resides perennial drug store favorite, No nonsense. In fact, the company's website boasts “90% of No nonsense’s products are made here in the USA.” While 90% is great, the discerning Made in the USA shopper recognizes the subtext, which is “Read the labels carefully!” Lest you beat the odds and grab a product that happens to be among the 10 percent.
Nominally more expensive are tights by Berkshire Hosiery. Berkshire makes and packages its tights in North Carolina and recently introduced a children-sized line. While you cannot purchase Berkshire’s tights directly through the company’s website, they are available at Macy’s, and the Berkshire site directly links to its tights on a number of other stores’ websites.
Finally -- and again, only slightly more expensive than the last -- is this blogger’s personal favorite: Hue. Hue’s tights come in a large variety of styles, colors, and sizes (including children's). I clicked through many of them and only found one style that said “imported,” so again, read carefully. You can buy Hue tights directly through its website, or use the store finder tool to buy them in-person.
Happy tights-shopping, and may your legs stay warm throughout the fall and witner!
Photo from Hue's website.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014