Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs
During the 2012 Presidential campaign, President Obama laid out a plan to create a million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. He didn’t make that promise just once, but repeated it throughout the campaign. Don’t believe us? See it for yourself.
Your friends here at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AM) plan on holding the president to his word. The #AAMeter stands at +114,000 new manufacturing jobs (these are the factory jobs created since the start of President Oabam's second term). We’ll need 886,000 more manufacturing jobs to reach the president's goal. That means we need to create 26,848 manufacturing jobs each month, for 32 months.
AAM has a blueprint to encourage manufacturing job growth and strengthen American industry. But the president and Congress have to act. No doubt, we’ll be watching closely.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014