Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs
During the 2012 Presidential campaign, President Obama laid out a plan to create a million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. He didn’t make that promise just once, but repeated it throughout the campaign. Don’t believe us? See it for yourself.
Your friends here at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AM) plan on holding the president to his word. The #AAMeter stands at +114,000 new manufacturing jobs (these are the factory jobs created since the start of President Oabam's second term). We’ll need 886,000 more manufacturing jobs to reach the president's goal. That means we need to create 26,848 manufacturing jobs each month, for 32 months.
AAM has a blueprint to encourage manufacturing job growth and strengthen American industry. But the president and Congress have to act. No doubt, we’ll be watching closely.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014