Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs
During the 2012 Presidential campaign, President Obama laid out a plan to create a million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. He didn’t make that promise just once, but repeated it throughout the campaign. Don’t believe us? See it for yourself.
Your friends here at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AM) plan on holding the president to his word. The #AAMeter stands at +114,000 new manufacturing jobs (these are the factory jobs created since the start of President Oabam's second term). We’ll need 886,000 more manufacturing jobs to reach the president's goal. That means we need to create 26,848 manufacturing jobs each month, for 32 months.
AAM has a blueprint to encourage manufacturing job growth and strengthen American industry. But the president and Congress have to act. No doubt, we’ll be watching closely.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014