Tell your representative to Buy American
Washington, D.C. got ready to slug it out with what looked like its one and only snowstorm of the season, and the federal government called it a day before one even began. But luckily, some of the important work this week got done early. The Invest in American Jobs Act of 2013, introduced Tuesday by Rep. Nick J Rahall, II (D-WV) -- pictured above (right) with Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul -- is smart, commonsense legislation.
That just happens to be our favorite kind of legislation. But from time to time, DC needs a reminder of what the voters want. So here's a chance for you to help.
Do you think the federal government should reward companies that offshore jobs with taxpayer-funded transportation projects?
We don't either. So click here to send your representative in Congress a letter and tell them to support the Invest in American Jobs Act. We know the vast majority of Americans support Buy American preferences for taxpayer-funded projects, and we know those preferences help create jobs. Now we just need to make sure DC knows that, too!
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013