Tekventure merges imagination, technology, art, and community
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) field staff in Indiana recently had the privilege of meeting folks from Tekventure, a public art and technology laboratory being developed in Fort Wayne, IN.
Tekventure's goal is to “create a public intersection between imagination, technology, art & community - a space where artists, tinkers, makers, engineers, inventors, prototypers, craftspeople, and others gather to use tools, share ideas and make things.”
The organization holds dozens of great workshops throughout the summer to inspire the “maker” in all of us.
Pictured: Ted Skeeters, Gregory Groth Jacobs, and Jane Applegate.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013