Talking manufacturing policy in Buffalo
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) took the show on the road last night.
With plenty of help from AAM’s field staff and the United Steelworkers District 4 office, AAM President Scott Paul hosted a town hall meeting at Buffalo, New York’s beautiful Asbury Hall (home of Ani DiFranco’s Righteous Babe Records). Speakers included Western New York business leaders, academics, politicos, and representatives from labor groups. All of the panelists talked at length about efforts to boost a manufacturing resurgence in the Buffalo area. They also took questions from an engaged audience.
What do we need more of? Cooperation:
"Hopefully after tonight, we have a working group come out of here to talk about how we tie in the educational community to the manufacturing, to the unions," John Shinn, United Steel Workers District 4 President, said.
We've got the plan to revive manufacturing, and we're taking it around the country and talking it up. Stay tuned for more AAM events across America! Follow our @AAMTownHall handle on twitter for more updates. In the meantime, check out a photo gallery from the event here. And read about it here and here.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014