Talking jobs in Michigan with the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM)
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinators Meghan McKeefry, Rachel Bennett Steury, and Michael Mitchell visited Midland, Michigan recently to raise awareness on the revitalization of U.S. manufacturing. Meghan offered the following report...
On November 11, we visited a home in the neighborhood that uses solar shingles from the local plant Dow Solar in Midland. The house generates so much electricity that the owners do not pay for electricity. It was very awesome! Here is a link that talks a little more about the plant and the jobs that were created.
November 12, Saturday morning: Rachel, Mike and I went to get letters signed at the "Midland Half Marathon" race. We also went to Frankenmuth, MI to visit "The Michigan Shoppe," where everything sold in the store is local to Michigan.
On November 13, we were invited to host a workshop called "Hot Topics" at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Midland. We gave a presentation and had a lively discussion that lasted about an hour and a half. We stayed for the service and continued the discussion/petition signing for an hour afterwards. Special thanks to Minister Jeff Liebmann, and activist RG Converse for this opportunity.
Related recent Blogs
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013
- November 27, 2013: Tension over the East China Sea and more • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- G+ Hangout postponed! • by LDonia • 11/26/2013