Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority
In case you missed it earlier, there’s a new poll out from the National Journal. And its findings show that early in the morning, at the end of the day, and long after we all go to sleep, the American public cares most about job creation. Writes Alex Roarty:
By more than three to one, Americans said they would be "very pleased" or "somewhat pleased,"…if the chief executive and lawmakers worked together to create jobs—either by cutting taxes and regulations or by increasing federal spending on infrastructure projects. Both options were the most popular of the six policy goals offered to respondents.
Oh, that’s some good polling. Yes. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) likes that. It’s nice and consistent with our own polling that has shown the same over the years. Americans wanted jobs in 2010. They kept harping on about it in 2011. They wanted jobs in 2012 for some reason. And both presidential campaigns – as well as Senate races in battleground states – acknowledged this by throwing money at the issue, making “jobs” the number one issue in political advertising in last year’s elections.
So there it is. It's no secret what Americans want; so where in the Sam Hill is the jobs agenda from Washington?
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014