Support for American manufacturing grows
This week, two Members of Congress made a push for strengthening U.S. manufacturing.
Congressman Pete Visclosky (D-IN) voiced his support for the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2013. Last month, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) announced its support for the bill, introduced by Congressman Nick Rahall (D-WV), which expands Buy America preferences.
In California, Congressman John Garamendi (D-CA) convened a Manufacturing Advisory Committee comprising nearly 40 individuals representing business, labor, education, state & federal agencies, and more. The committee discussed a plethora of relevant issues including jobs skills training and the hiring of veterans for manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- ITC made the right call on hot-rolled steel imports • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- ITC Rules in Favor of America's Steel Industry: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement • by scapozzola • 12/17/2013
- AAM photo caption contest: What are Obama and his trade team talking about? • by mmcmullan • 12/17/2013
- New report shows manufacturing is rebounding, but could use a legislative leg up • by LDonia • 12/17/2013