Support for action on subsidized auto parts from China
This week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) Michael Mitchell thanked Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) for her efforts in support of action on subsidized auto parts imports from China.
Schakowsky is one of a bipartisan group of 188 Senators and Members of Congress who sent a letter to President Obama earlier this year expressing “serious concern” about China’s massive subsidies for its auto parts sector.
Last month, the Obama Administration announced that it was launching a case at the World Trade Organization (WTO) to investigate China's auto parts sector.
Pictured: Rep. Schakowsky and Mitchell at the annual Illinois Alliance for Retired Americans luncheon.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013