Support for action on subsidized auto parts from China
This week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) Michael Mitchell thanked Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) for her efforts in support of action on subsidized auto parts imports from China.
Schakowsky is one of a bipartisan group of 188 Senators and Members of Congress who sent a letter to President Obama earlier this year expressing “serious concern” about China’s massive subsidies for its auto parts sector.
Last month, the Obama Administration announced that it was launching a case at the World Trade Organization (WTO) to investigate China's auto parts sector.
Pictured: Rep. Schakowsky and Mitchell at the annual Illinois Alliance for Retired Americans luncheon.
Related recent Blogs
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Creating Jobs Now: USW and AAM take the next step in Akron • by TGarland • 04/04/2014
- Manufacturing sector loses 1,000 jobs in March: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 04/04/2014