Support for action on subsidized auto parts from China
This week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) Michael Mitchell thanked Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) for her efforts in support of action on subsidized auto parts imports from China.
Schakowsky is one of a bipartisan group of 188 Senators and Members of Congress who sent a letter to President Obama earlier this year expressing “serious concern” about China’s massive subsidies for its auto parts sector.
Last month, the Obama Administration announced that it was launching a case at the World Trade Organization (WTO) to investigate China's auto parts sector.
Pictured: Rep. Schakowsky and Mitchell at the annual Illinois Alliance for Retired Americans luncheon.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014