Support for action on subsidized auto parts from China
This week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) Michael Mitchell thanked Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) for her efforts in support of action on subsidized auto parts imports from China.
Schakowsky is one of a bipartisan group of 188 Senators and Members of Congress who sent a letter to President Obama earlier this year expressing “serious concern” about China’s massive subsidies for its auto parts sector.
Last month, the Obama Administration announced that it was launching a case at the World Trade Organization (WTO) to investigate China's auto parts sector.
Pictured: Rep. Schakowsky and Mitchell at the annual Illinois Alliance for Retired Americans luncheon.
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Hey Joe, Remember Infrastructure at Netroots • by elizabethbb • 07/14/2014