SUPER BOWL XLVIII: Tailgating in luxury
Are you ready for some football? On Sunday afternoon, the Meadowlands' parking lots will be full of tailgaters -- and it's highly unlikely that cold temperatures in the northeast will stand between fans and their brats, beers and burgers.
Of course, some tailgaters may already be in place for gameday. (To be honest, we're not sure what the rules are when overnight parking is concerned.) And we'd bet those hypothetical tailgaters, of course, are the type of sports fan who lives in their vehicle, at least in advance of the game.
It's possible that some of those folks may show up in a Marathon Coach. And who would blame them? These things are gorgeous!
Now we'll just come out and say it, it isn't entirely Made in the USA. Marathon Coach takes a chassis made by Prevost in Quebec, and converts and customizes them in a Coburn, Oregon plant. But this is the beauty of American manufacturing -- it takes a good thing and makes something even better: the ultimate RV
This is not the RV your grandparents drove out to Mount Rushmore when they retired -- these are the equivelant to a mobile McMansion. From marble tile and leather couches to 46" LCD TVs and kitchenettes equipped for dinner party cooking, these vehicles turn camping into glamping.
Check out Bloomberg Photo Service's photographs at Marathon's facility in Oregon.
Image from Marathon's website.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014