SUPER BOWL XLVIII: Tailgating in luxury
Are you ready for some football? On Sunday afternoon, the Meadowlands' parking lots will be full of tailgaters -- and it's highly unlikely that cold temperatures in the northeast will stand between fans and their brats, beers and burgers.
Of course, some tailgaters may already be in place for gameday. (To be honest, we're not sure what the rules are when overnight parking is concerned.) And we'd bet those hypothetical tailgaters, of course, are the type of sports fan who lives in their vehicle, at least in advance of the game.
It's possible that some of those folks may show up in a Marathon Coach. And who would blame them? These things are gorgeous!
Now we'll just come out and say it, it isn't entirely Made in the USA. Marathon Coach takes a chassis made by Prevost in Quebec, and converts and customizes them in a Coburn, Oregon plant. But this is the beauty of American manufacturing -- it takes a good thing and makes something even better: the ultimate RV
This is not the RV your grandparents drove out to Mount Rushmore when they retired -- these are the equivelant to a mobile McMansion. From marble tile and leather couches to 46" LCD TVs and kitchenettes equipped for dinner party cooking, these vehicles turn camping into glamping.
Check out Bloomberg Photo Service's photographs at Marathon's facility in Oregon.
Image from Marathon's website.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014