SUPER BOWL XLVIII: Tailgating in luxury
Are you ready for some football? On Sunday afternoon, the Meadowlands' parking lots will be full of tailgaters -- and it's highly unlikely that cold temperatures in the northeast will stand between fans and their brats, beers and burgers.
Of course, some tailgaters may already be in place for gameday. (To be honest, we're not sure what the rules are when overnight parking is concerned.) And we'd bet those hypothetical tailgaters, of course, are the type of sports fan who lives in their vehicle, at least in advance of the game.
It's possible that some of those folks may show up in a Marathon Coach. And who would blame them? These things are gorgeous!
Now we'll just come out and say it, it isn't entirely Made in the USA. Marathon Coach takes a chassis made by Prevost in Quebec, and converts and customizes them in a Coburn, Oregon plant. But this is the beauty of American manufacturing -- it takes a good thing and makes something even better: the ultimate RV
This is not the RV your grandparents drove out to Mount Rushmore when they retired -- these are the equivelant to a mobile McMansion. From marble tile and leather couches to 46" LCD TVs and kitchenettes equipped for dinner party cooking, these vehicles turn camping into glamping.
Check out Bloomberg Photo Service's photographs at Marathon's facility in Oregon.
Image from Marathon's website.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014