Steelworker for the Future Program Launched in Central Pennsylvania
ArcelorMittal Steelton and the United Steelworkers Local 1688, in partnership with Penn State Harrisburg and Penn State York, have launched a Steelworker for the Future program in Central Pennsylvania.
Steelworker for the Future is an associate degree program, along with advanced industrial credit certificates, designed to prepare students for high-tech, well-paying careers in the steel or manufacturing industry.
“Steelworker for the Future plays an important role in developing a skilled workforce that will continue to deliver on ArcelorMittal’s critical mission of producing safe, sustainable steel in the years to come,” said David Wirick, general manager, ArcelorMittal Steelton.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013