A steel tribute
Here are two photos of the steel framework for a fire station under construction in Great Falls, Virginia. The steel beams for the fire station were manufactured in Pennsylvania.
While manufacturing the beams, one of the steelworkers in Pennsylvania learned that the girders he and his colleagues were constructing would be used to build a new fire station. As a tribute to the 343 firefighters who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001, he welded a metal "343" onto one of the beams. In the photos below, you can see the prominent placement of that beam.
Related recent Blogs
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013